It’s not really hot off the press: Hyperdrive Massacre was announced as part of the ID@XBox lineup by Microsoft at the Game Developers Conference 2015, last March. We are polishing the latest things as I write, so we thought this would be a good moment for a proper announcement post!
HYPERDRIVE MASSACRE WILL COME TO XBOX ONE IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS!
Looking for something to play with your friends? Feeling ready to enter a brand new battleground? Jump in our car! It’s no ordinary cadillac, but a fully equipped, shooting, spaceproof muscle car! Face the void, the total absence of friction, a reckless disregard for safety measures, and frag your way to victory!
Here’s the FULL GAME’S FEATURE LIST:
- 8 unique battle arenas: from the Oriental World, where a giant robot and a dinosaur fight an eternal struggle, to the outskirts of Saturn, where the man-eating space giants live.
- 16 muscle cars, featuring all sorts of pop-culture references from the 80s and the 90s…
- …and their crews!
- 9 different weapons to unleash destruction: the basic Machinegun, the Sniper Shot, the Tripe Shot, the Big Bullet, the Shotgun, the Spear, the Frag Grenade, the Homing Missile, the Smartbomb, plus proximity mines.
- A bullet-deflecting front shield. Nothing better than killing someone with his own bullets!
- 6 game modes: from the classic DeathMatch to Team Deathmatch, Last Man Standing, Death Race, to Soccer (play with a giant ball in outer space!) and Spong (play with a giant ball, a net and zero friction!).
- Viciously challenging AI for when your friends are not around! We like competitive fellas, so we made it quite hard.
“Wow, this game is, like, really good!!!” – 13 years old random Youtuber
“Hyperdrive Massacre by @34bigthings is the next big thing in party games!!” – A friend
“I’m loving the resurrection of retro games.” – Random Friendly Stranger
“What does ‘A COUPLE OF MONTHS’ means, exactly?” – Impatient Player
Hope you like what you see! Stay tuned for more punctual informations on launch date, price point and all that jazz.